Sunday, May 16, 2010

Endding to Huckleberry Finn

In the story “The adventures of Huckleberry Finn”, I think the ending could have been a more exciting. There could have been many, many different ways the good book could have ended. The ending was to plain. There wasn’t any “cool” or something that we didn’t expected to see happen at the end. Through out the whole book I was on the edge of my seat reading every word because there were a lot of things I didn’t see coming in the book. When I was reading the book I was thinking about all the possibilities of how the book was going to end.
I was disappointed that the story ended the way it did. I was thinking that Jim was going to die or he would be sold as a slave for the rest of his life. I didn’t want him to die because he is a African American, I thought that is how Twain was going to end it. I didn’t think that there was going to be a line in the story saying the “Now, old Jim, you’re a free man again, and I bet you won’t ever be a slave no more”. (Twain 289) I think Mark Twain could have credited a cleverer ending. There’s nothing I can do to change the ended because the man is dead and he wrote a pretty good book.
Twain, Mark. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn .New York: Penguin Book, 1986, 1884. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment